Monday, August 24, 2026

The Complete Compendium

As I'm starting to prepare for my next campaign I've been scouring the internet for any and all useful resources (dice rollers, dungeon maps, slot-in adventures, etc). Whilst doing so I recently came across the complete compendium website (click the link to check it out), a complete collection of all the old 2E D&D monstrous compendiums, filled with gloriously detailed descriptions of everything from a monster's alignment to it's dietary restrictions. It's a resource I would recommend to anyone running any classic version of D&D or their retroclones. 

The search feature (see the appendix) is great, and was very helpful when I recently needed some stats for dolphins (of all things). The random monster feature is also awesome, and by clicking it a few times you can end up discovering a whole bunch of new creatures. I have been using as essentially an idea generator. Clicking it a few times can grant you some inspirational results, including everything from vermin, to space vermin, to space people. It helped me discover even more uniquely funny and terrifying creatures, as well as remind me to use the coolest D&D monster ever made in my next campaign. 


Look at these three knuckle-heads! from here

No comments:

Post a Comment